SD card transfer problem

controlvoice

Estimable
Aug 29, 2017
I have an older smart phone, a PCD TE-1303 MX, with some data that I want to transfer to two more modern Android phones. The data consists of photos and phone contacts. I inserted the Samsung Pro 64 Class 10 micro SD card in the phone, and proceeded to transfer the photos and contacts to the card. The messages I got from the phone indicated that the transfer was successful. But when I inserted the card into one of the newer phones, a Wind II X325, and tried to move the data on to that phone, the message I saw was that there was "No Data" on the card. I'm confused. Does this mean that my PCD TE-1303 MX phone lied to me when it told me that I had successfully exported the data onto the card? Or, does it mean that perhaps the data did go onto the card, but for some reason the Wind II X325 phone couldn't read the data?

Solution
It is possible that the one phone altered the card and the other phone can't read it.

Try putting the card back into the original device, then once you can see/access the files through that device, try connecting it to a computer via USB cord. Then you can move all the files from the phone (except apps of course) and from the card that is in the phone to an empty folder on the computer. Then, once the files are on the computer, disconnect the old device and connect the new one to the computer via USB cord and copy the info over to the new device. Once done, repeat with the second new device.

This is the fastest way and the safest as it allows for leaving a copy on the computer, so you have a back up.
It is possible that the one phone altered the card and the other phone can't read it.

Try putting the card back into the original device, then once you can see/access the files through that device, try connecting it to a computer via USB cord. Then you can move all the files from the phone (except apps of course) and from the card that is in the phone to an empty folder on the computer. Then, once the files are on the computer, disconnect the old device and connect the new one to the computer via USB cord and copy the info over to the new device. Once done, repeat with the second new device.

This is the fastest way and the safest as it allows for leaving a copy on the computer, so you have a back up.

Solution