sdhc card not playing video

iratlewis

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
I have a new San Disk Ultra Plus SDHC UHS-1 32GB memory card that loads and plays video and audio on my sony camcorder and desktop computer. it only loads and plays audio, on my new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. I don't know why. I checked it again on camcorder and desktop. it works great. Maybe a setting or something on laptop. Not sure what is going on. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
So the video "play", just nothing on screen? sound like an video decoded not on the laptop.
Try VLC player, which can play pretty much anything. https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

iratlewis

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Yes. I'm viewing my videos in windows media player on my desktop. When I put the memory card in my laptop, the files on memory card only produce audio only. The files don't seem to be converted correctly. They are all there, and only play the audio of each video clip. What am I doing wrong?

iratlewis

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
It's just for casual watching on my wife's new laptop. It should play, just like on my desktop computer. The card is good. The information is definitely not corrupted. It seems to be how the laptop is reading the card.