search windows box keeps opening by itself all the time how do I stop it

akdr11

Commendable
May 28, 2016
over and over the 'Search Windows' Box is opening and I must do a random click for it to close.
Real pain, especially when at the times a random click affects the program running at the time.
It is Very annoying, and I don't know how to stop it.
Also seems that any light brush on mousepad also opens it(not a touch enough to activate pointer functions).
I've Disabled Cortana(as deleting is impossible.. It is reborn with next pwr up.) so I've flipped all switches that supposedly disable it. I'd tried several removal programs besides 'add delete progs' to try to rid myself of Cortana all together, it just doesn't work)
It is the Cortana search Windows Box randomly opening over and over. (2x so far while writing this comment, 2-finger typing..)
I think this is the problem ppl are having that makes everyone HATE Cortana so much. Dam random UNWANTED search box opening all the time. I'm thinking/hoping its a problem beyond Cortana causing this annoyance that can be fixed.
Toshiba Laptop C55 Win 10 ~1yo(have had problem since beginning) basically running factory software pkg. As used mostly for playing/downloading -vids/music and general browsing.. I'm not using it to solve the Riemann Hypothesis, or cure cancer. Just as a basic tool for entertainment and that DANG Search Windows Box is annoying the Heck outta me...
TYFYH...

Solution
Click the start button and select settings. Then select Devices. Click on Mouse and Touch Pad and scroll to the bottom and select "Additional Mouse Options." This brings up a box that should have the information and name of the type of touch pad your computer has. ie.. "Synaptics Touch Pad....". Click on settings and then in the new box that pops up you should see a tab that says "Tapping". Open that tab and you should then see "Three Finger Tap" and "Four Finger Tap". Uncheck those boxes and then click "Apply". See if that works.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Click the start button and select settings. Then select Devices. Click on Mouse and Touch Pad and scroll to the bottom and select "Additional Mouse Options." This brings up a box that should have the information and name of the type of touch pad your computer has. ie.. "Synaptics Touch Pad....". Click on settings and then in the new box that pops up you should see a tab that says "Tapping". Open that tab and you should then see "Three Finger Tap" and "Four Finger Tap". Uncheck those boxes and then click "Apply". See if that works.

Solution