Sennheiser 360 PC Mic hissing

zelollarn

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
Hey so I just got a pair of Sennheiser 360 PC and the first issue and only issue with them that I have is there's an incredibly annoying hiss coming from my mic whenever I'm playing a game.

When I'm at the start screen in CS:GO there is a small buy barely audible sound but when I get into a game (bot game/comp game) it starts sounding like an old modem.

What could possibly cause this?

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
It could be a couple different things.

Are you plugged into the front of your computer? Does the hissing change pitch as you do different things? If this is the case it could be coil whine. To resolve this, you can try plugging into the back of your computer.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, it could be a dying sound card. (I'm assuming you're using on-board audio) Buying a discrete sound card should resolve this. Discrete cards can be had for around $30-$40 and they will still be a vast improvement over on-board in most cases.

Lastly, although I feel like it is unlikely, it could be a bad headset. To confirm that it is the headset, try plugging it into another computer. If there is no hissing, then the problem most likely doesn't lie with the headset.