Sennheiser Game ZERO lacking bass?

plumel

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hello,
I was wondering if the Game zero's bass is really this poor?
I am currently using them with an Asus Xonar DGX, the drivers are up to date and everything, and i have it on the "Exciter Mode or for >64ohms headsets" setting.
Is this sound card enough to power this headset properly? I found the bass lacking compared to my Razer Electra I was previously using.

Also, how do I get the mic to work. Doesn't seem to want to work at all..

Thanks,
Daniel

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I've no previous experience in the Game ZERO or in the Razer Electra headset, but i would say that most of the gamming headset abuse from the bass, and this for me isn't a positive thing but a problem instead.

Im used to a much more clear sound that would get from my two actual headsets, a AKG 550 and a Sennheiser 598 and i like a lot more the cleanner sound that the blurrowed mess that i get from gamming headsets like the ones that iv'e used (Logitech G35, Razer Tiamat and Roccat Kave mainly).

But if you are used to a much heavier bass sound that is common to gamming headsets you will notice a lot the diference, and will need time to get used to a clear sound a much more open soundstage that a good headset will gave to you.

As i could see the Game Zero are 150Ω headsets, the DGX have a 32-150Ω range, it's enought but it's in the limit of the card altought i suppose that it's not the problem.

plumel

Honorable
May 7, 2012

Cheers mate,
I'll give em a few days and see if I get more used to them. I do like my bass heavy music though like trap.

Nevertheless, thank you.