sennheiser game zero sounds like garbage

snooby

Estimable
Jul 15, 2014
so my siberia v2s mic just stopped working out of nowhere for no reason what so ever, so i decided to get a new headset. i've always heard sennheisers are great and so i decided to go with the game zero after looking up reviews and such. so yeah they sound like garbage, there's like no depth to the sound, my siberia's sounded infinitely better than this, and i'm wondering should i get a sound card for this headset to better the quality of my sound?

alexandergc

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
No, you'd just be wasting your money.

Sennheisers have this weird built-in sound processor that I really hate.
I used to think they were awesome until I tested a couple of their mid-range headsets myself and found the same issue you're having.
Sounds seem to be coming from a distance and the audio sounds really weak and hollow.

I'm lucky I stopped by a roadshow to check them out, and now I know to stick to my Sony monitors.

snooby

Estimable
Jul 15, 2014
Very interesting, thank you for your answering. The other headset I was thinking of getting over those were the steelseries gaming H. You think i'd be happier with those? They are made from the same company as the siberia's were so I'm assuming they'd sound equally as good right?

alexandergc

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

I can't recommend those as I've never tested them.
My best advice is that you go to an electronics store somewhere and try out the headphones on display.

Bring an mp3 player or smartphone with an audio track that you know well, then listen to it on the different sets available to see which one gives you the best-sounding audio. For my own testing, I just pipe 320kbps Mp3s from my phone. It helps if you play only one specific portion of the sound so you can pick up any differences quickly.