I have a Yamaha TSR 7850 (from Costco, but similar to Yamaha's RX-V 685). I plan on hooking the headphone into the RCA ports at the back of the AVR and listen to the sound via the 7850's Zone 2 ( can't use the TV, the AVR controls TV sound output.) The reason for this setup is that I want to be able to listen to the TV thru the phones while sound will also come thru the 5.1 setup. If I were to connect the phones directly to headphone jack, that would not allow for sound thru the speakers...just the headphones. The 7850 is bluetooth compatible, but I have read that the RS 160's are not. So my questions are:
- Will the proposed headphone setup work using the RCA jacks to back of AVR?
- Am I correct in assuming that I will have to get a Y-spilt RCA cable with a 3.5mm female recepticle to hook the 160's micro jack to?
- Will the sound signal coming from the AVR to the headphone transmitter need an adapter? Thinking here that the sound from AVR will be digital and the headphones are analog???? If so, can you suggest an adapter?
- If I am off-base, can you suggest how to set up the phones.
- Given my price range of $100-150, could you suggest any other setup...maybe with bluetooth headphones?