I was taking apart a Blue R1 HD. Upon attempting to pop out the battery I smelled a strong chemical-esque, nailpolish remover smell. Is it some type of glue, or a punctured battery? Should I be worried?
I can't tell you nothing can happen, since everyone is different and I am not a doctor and don't know your medical history. I can only say if you are worried, have it looked into.
Thank you. Research suggest that I am probably fine and this panic attack is psychosomatic. Do you know if rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries even produce HF gas? It was not burning and only the plastic baglike cover was scratched
Can't answer that one. Different ones have different things depending on the battery manufacturer. Not to mention the device you said had a plastic like cover? It could even have been something under that and not within the battery. Without talking to the battery manufacturer there would be no way for me to answer.