Setting up 5.1 surround sound with Xbox One

Slowe123

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
I am trying to set up surround sound with my Xbox one and cannot figure out how to do so.

My set up:
- 5.1 Creative A550 Surround Sound
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro (External Sound Card)
- 18.5 Inch Technika LED TV
- Xbox One

Firstly I realise that these components may not be compatible with an Xbox one because I can get the surround sound working when I use my laptop, just not my Xbox One. Can anyone confirm that they are compatible? - I had an install disc which I had to use for the sound card for my laptop to work

If these components aren't compatible could you recommend some which are?

Current Wire layout:
- I currently have a HDMI going from my Xbox to my TV, which is for the image
- An optical wire going from my Xbox to my Sound Card
- A USB from my Xbox to a Micro USB in my Sound Card
- Then the three Wires from my Surround Sound going in to my Sound Card

This set up does not work and I'm not sure why. Can anyone help?

Many Thanks

Slowe123

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015

If I choose optical audio on my Xbox it doesn't play any sound at all
(Accidentally chose this as the solution)

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007

You have the optical (SPDIF) cable plugged into the wrong optical port on your sound card. Plug it into the Optical IN port. The more simple solution would be to use speakers that have direct compatibility with your XBOX:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/surround-sound-speaker-z506?crid=1588

Booner22

Estimable
Jul 5, 2015

I have the Z506 speakers but I'm still not sure on how to connect them up to the xbox one. Which cables/adapters do I need?

qanzhanpi

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
good info,thanks for your sharing
2.gif

giannis13

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015

giannis13

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015
hi slowe. 1) check if at the back of the sound card, which works as an amplifier i assume, check if there is an "HDMI input" slot. Also 2) check if at the back panel of your TV there is an "ARC hdmi" slot available.. if you meet these 2 requirements your problem is solved. In case you meet these standards :

First unplug everything ...now, connect your XBOX ONE normally to the TV set with an hdmi cable. ..after that, connect your TV to the sound card (provided that your sound card offers an HDMI input as i told you) using an HDMI to HDMI cable, from the "ARC hdmi" slot of your TV to the "HDMI input " at the back of your sound card...booom..there you have it... 5.1 surround sound whenever you slide a disc in xbox one console!! feel free to reply for any questions..greetings
John
P.S. that's the ONLY way to get 5.1 surround sound from an xbox one console i must say..
keep in maind that most modern flat, LED, plasma TV sets, offer an ARC hdmi output..but in higher inches,not in 20 inches or less...so, if you have a post 2013 plasma TV at 40 inches or bigger, there is almost positive that you could connect your xbox one and your creative A550 system on this TV set without any problems..

giannis13

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015
Hi Slowe123...just checked a bit on sound cards..google 'HDMI cards" mate and buy one of these in case this you already have does'nt offer hdmi input...greetings...John...