Setting up a Home Theater System

clydefrog

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Hey everyone,

I have a bit of a problem. I have a really nice computer, and i also have a really nice Home Entertainment center, the only problem is that they are located like 4 rooms away.

So my question is, is there anyway i can hook up my desktop computer to the BOSE system and LCD tv, which are located on the other side of the house, efficiently? I dont really want to drag an HDMI cable halfway across the house, nor do i want to run it through the walls.

Assuming that moving the computer or the entertainment center is out of the question, am i out of luck? Is there someway i can do this wireless? or perhaps there is some ancient alien artifact which i havnt heard of, that would allow me accomplish this task (sarcasm :D )?

would i need to set up a server or server computer near my HTS then wirless send everything to the server from my computer across house?

Any help would be appreciated, even if it means i need to purchase new hardware or peripherals.

Thanks,

Clydefrog

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006

clydefrog

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Damn, i was really hoping to get some alien artifacts :(

Lol. Those extenders may very well be exactly what i was looking for. Thanks alot!

Thank you,

clydefrog

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
winston89 Streaming Video & TVs 0
Bradagan1 Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
curoius Streaming Video & TVs 6
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1