Setting up a home theatre - audio system?

manoharapinot

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
How does home theatre audo system works.

when i looked for some online, i see that, there are 4-5 speakers with one base set that has a CD player in it and a remote. so, how are these base set and these various speakers connect each other.
i live in a 4 bedroom house,where i want to keep the base in living room, and have each one of the speakers in various rooms.is that possible with the home theatre system.
Thanks.
buy.gif

Solution
Most new receivers have a "zone" setting allowing you to select a second and third zone that being in another room. Whether you use it all in one room or spread out the receiver is a logical comprehensive choice for this feature set. I wouldn't do it because one of the reasons I paid the premium for a receiver is so I could have perfect 7.1 surround sound in one place, fragmenting that into 5.1 in the living room and stereo in the bedroom would feel like a sacrifice (and I did not pay 5000 for an audio system for sacrifice). But it will work. you can control the receiver via wifi because people make apps for that purpose (so does the company who makes the receiver but I've found 3rd party apps to be better) so you don't need to be in...

USAFRet

Illustrious
No, that's not how it works at all.

A typical 5.1 system is:
Center, left front, right front, left rear, right rear, sub woofer. In one room. You, the listener, is sitting in the middle of all these.
Each putting out different parts of one sound source.

What you seem to be looking for is a multi room setup. Which is far more complicated and expensive.

40s

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
Most new receivers have a "zone" setting allowing you to select a second and third zone that being in another room. Whether you use it all in one room or spread out the receiver is a logical comprehensive choice for this feature set. I wouldn't do it because one of the reasons I paid the premium for a receiver is so I could have perfect 7.1 surround sound in one place, fragmenting that into 5.1 in the living room and stereo in the bedroom would feel like a sacrifice (and I did not pay 5000 for an audio system for sacrifice). But it will work. you can control the receiver via wifi because people make apps for that purpose (so does the company who makes the receiver but I've found 3rd party apps to be better) so you don't need to be in the same room as it to adjust volume, mode or ZONEs.

Solution