Setting up Microsoft Exchange

samhuang1999

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Hi all,

I would just like to have some general guidance on setting up a Microsoft Exchange server.

It needs to be setup for a small-business environment. The email is currently hosted by GoDaddy.com, but it does not sync read/unread messages, calenders, and many other features without outrageous additional charges. We would also like to get some shared calendars going, and have some email management that could allow supervisors to see employee emails- all of which I understand can be handle by Microsoft Exchange. Also I hear it integrates beautifully with a domain.
Now what I'm wondering is how I can have Outlook run off a email domain name that is registered on GoDaddy.com (the @'s xxx.com email domain is also the same as our website btw). I would like to terminate the GoDaddy email service if possible, but that's not a necessity. I sadly don't have any experience with Exchange before and that's why I'm asking for your help.

So to sum it up I need to be able to:
-Setup Microsoft Exchange 2010
-Connect (or whatever works) to our existing domain (the joe@website.com)
-Setup monitoring system
-Setup shared calenders.
For 10-15 users on 15+ computers.

Also, we might be putting in a Domain Controller in the near future, so I need to keep that in mind. If it would make more sense to implement the domain controller before I setup Microsoft Exchange, that would be fine also.

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks in advance,
Sam

USAFRet

Illustrious
I would just like to have some general guidance on setting up a Microsoft Exchange server.

Not to be funny, but of the 100+ Microsoft Exchange books out there, which ones did not show you how to do this?
They go into far more depth than we can in here.

samhuang1999

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

There are, but none of them go into setting up to connect to a pop3 or transferring from a pop server, and that's why I'm here.