Setting up SD Card as default download location on LG OPTIMUS EXCEED 2

androidXboy

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015
Hi.

My phone is an LG OPTIMUS EXCEED 2. I put in a 32 GB SD card.

I got Towelroot, SuperSU and BusyBox Free, which are apps I downloaded because someone knowledgeable on Tomsguide said they were necessary. I have no idea what it is that they do.

I also downloaded Link2SD.

I need help! I want my phone to fully recognize my SD card so stuff is downloaded straight on there. I just checked and although it says on the phone's application manager that they are on my SD card, the phone says they are on my internal memory, which is now getting almost full.

What can I do? THANK YOU SO MUCH.

:)

androidXboy

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015

Thank you! I will do all of this tonight! Wish me luck :bounce:

androidXboy

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015

I feel so sad. I tried everything on the link you sent and didn't work, so I decided to chill out and forget about it for a while. It's been a while.

I tried again just now, NOTHING. I downloaded the paid app ROM Toolbox Pro, and nothing. My LG Optimus Exceed 2 does not recognize the SD card like it should. PLEASE HELP ME, THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. I can't afford an iPhone 6S, this is the only phone I can have.

Thanks in advance.

androidXboy

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015

Hi. It didn't help. I formatted the SD card on my computer and put it straight on my phone, and it didn't even recognize the SD card.

I read somewhere something about PARTITIONS. At the moment I'm playing with partitions.

Do you or anyone else know the right partition configuration for my SD card? This is again an LG OPTIMUS EXCEED 2, 3G PHONE FOR VERIZON.

This is what I have right now:

* FAT32 23GB PRIMARY
* NTSF 4GB LOGICAL
* EXT2 3GB LOGICAL

My phone seems to be reading the SD card, because it gives me the message "insufficient space on memory" when I try to download an app, and I do have 1.3GB on my internal memory. That means the download is going straight to SD card now, however I am messing up with the partitioning.

How many partitions, and which? Logical or primary? Any help would be so appreciated!!!

Trying to have my phone accept the 32GB SD card as native is one of the biggest challenges I have had in my life.