setup a colored rear jack as audio to my headset

slyverine

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Hello there.To start with, you can see my setup at my signature but i can mention i have asus formula viii which has supreme FX onboard sound.
I bought a pair of headset today and i have this problem.I initially plugged the headset to the front jacks , but the mic is catching some kind of static inteference, maybe from electricity, which doesn't happen when i plug it in the rear mic jack. So , i want to have both my headset audio and speakers plugged and switch playback device when i want.

So i tried plugging the the speakers on the green jack and the headset audio on the black jack. Realtek just pops up and notifies me a device has been connected , but i can't choose what this device is, as i have seen in some other computers.

The Realtek audio control panel is actually the one from asus ,i can see the jack colors in the bottom of the window, but when i click the black jack it doesn't do anything.Only when i click on the green jack i get asked if it is headphones or speakers.

So, is there a way to have them both plugged in the rear jacks, or i have to plug it on the front and suffer from the noises to my mic?

Solution
Hi
The black audio jack is for rear speakers on a 5.1 or 7.1 system so will not work the way you want it to.
You could get an extension cable for the microphone and plug it into the back while your headphones plug into the front .

Duncan_94

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
As far as I'm aware black audio jacks are just another output so plugging your microphone into it won't work. I experienced static on my microphone signal too while using the front microphone jack. If all else fails I highly recommend you buy an audio jack to USB converter (I currently use this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=zg_bs_430548031_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EJTVHG6MN9RE9Y091X38). After years of static during Skype calls I now have no static whatsoever.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
The black audio jack is for rear speakers on a 5.1 or 7.1 system so will not work the way you want it to.
You could get an extension cable for the microphone and plug it into the back while your headphones plug into the front .

Solution

slyverine

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
seems i will buy a splitter to connect both my speaker and headphones at the green jack in the back. I will avoid using the front one because i can accidently step on the cable again and rip off the jack, i have done it once again before :p Thanks all for the help!