Shared Calendar and Shared To Do List

pranaman

Honorable
May 25, 2015
I'm trying to help an older woman and her husband.

They want to have a shared calendar so she can see his doctor appointments, and to do lists, with categories that will sync with their devices and accounts.

She has 3 devices - an android phone, an iPad mini, and a Windows 10 laptop. He just has a Samsung Galaxy Note.

She uses an email account tied to a domain name she bought from Go Daddy, so it's based on Exchange. She also used Outlook 2016. He just uses the native calendar app on his Note, and I added Google Calendar.

I offered and set up shared google calendars on each of their devices, but she did not seem to like that. Also, after that, I saw that all her recurring events got duplicated in the google calendar.

Not sure if this was related to what I was doing.

They tried cozi.com and a few others. I don't know much about these programs.

Anyone know anything about shared calendars and to do lists?

Solution
Your best option is to convince both of them to use the same calendar app. google calendar is a good option. I know exchange also has a calendar (but i dont know how to set it up). Im sure there are others.

but until you can convince both of them to use the same app - this will be an exercise in frustration.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Your best option is to convince both of them to use the same calendar app. google calendar is a good option. I know exchange also has a calendar (but i dont know how to set it up). Im sure there are others.

but until you can convince both of them to use the same app - this will be an exercise in frustration.

Solution

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
exactly!! my dad and stepmom use google calendar to do this as well. so they can keep everything organized. he hates the google calendar app but got used to it eventually. now it all syncs to 2 phones a tablet and the pc they use.

if they won't use the same app, it's gonna be very hard to do and even if they work you will have regular issues with it syncing across multiple devices. have seen it before, you get it working on 3 different apps and then a week later one stops syncing. when you get that one working again, another app will stop and so on. best to use the app designed for that service to avoid the odd issues.