Shareholders Ask Why Amazon Sells Violent Games, But Not Guns

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
"What's to stop a teen from signing on to mom's account and buying a violent game with her permission but without her investigating the actual product?"
seriously? its called passwords and control over your computer

croc4

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
the article states weapon parts, these are not guns people!!, parts could range from bolt heads to triggers to springs, none of which are 'guns' and couldn't be used to make a gun without a receiver, but I suppose if you threw them at someone you might put out an eye........ You would need to be a FFL to sell guns or receivers and by doing so need a background check.
Please read the article people!,

compa008

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
How sad. You people can't see the difference can you? The point that Cooper was making is that how do you draw this imaginary line in the sand and just stop at guns sales. For those who do not know, video games have desensitized the populace. There is scientific proof of this. Don't believe me? Ask a military historian. Before people feared pulling a trigger to kill someone, now it's much easier.
Do I think gruesome video games are bad? No. Because we people kill people, not video games. Same thing with guns.
The real problem is that people are trying to take away guns from law abiding citizens who are also desensitized. These desensitized citizens can combat these nut jobs.
On top of everything we have seen in Syria with the government killing off it's own people and the rebels are losing why on earth are we trying to take away the citizens right to keep government in check? This isn't a red vs. blue issue. This is a big government vs. citizens issue.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
@hotroderx
people who do those terrible acts, are already effed in the head. no amount of playing a game or watching a movie will do that to a person unless they were already again, effed in the head to begin with.
i don't want guns taken away, but blaming media in any form is bad because all it can do is cause censorship.
if you want to blame someone, blame the right wing, they tend to have more extremists and right wing morons are constantly telling them they are at war with this and at war with that to the point that they decide they have to shoot up a church, when the marathon happened, you had again, morons being racist because thats what they were told.
all you have to do to get an extremist to do something extreme is tell them they are being attacked which constantly happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.