Question Sharp 75" : screen blur and screeching noise followed by reboot

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 30, 2020
Sharp 75"
model LC-75Q7570U
Android TV OS version 9
Purchased Dec 2018

Starting approximately two weeks ago our 75" Sharp began to have this issue. Without warning screen will scramble and the tv emits a high-pitched screen noise. This usually lasts about 5 seconds and then the TV reboots itself. The timing is random, tonight it happen twice within 20minites of use. A few nights ago we almost made it through a 2 hour movie before it happened.

The problem began approximately two weeks ago after the tv prompted us to accept a software update. Prior to the software update we had not experienced any problems with this set.

I recorded a video and post on YouTube. I'll try to figure out how to post a link.

Has anyone experienced something similar? I'm open to suggestions

Thanks on advance

View: https://youtu.be/hC7nF3Okykc

Djnaz

Great
Jan 12, 2021
How did you manage that? They are insisting that they must send a technician out again. I tried speaking with management and got nowhere.
Not sure. I complained that the reason the tv broke was their fault and that the reason the board is out of stock is bc they are fixing all these broken tvs. He said they could offer a replacement tv.

berley

Great
Jan 12, 2021
Not sure. I complained that the reason the tv broke was their fault and that the reason the board is out of stock is bc they are fixing all these broken tvs. He said they could offer a replacement tv.
I'd try the firmware that was posted earlier today. I installed about 2 hours ago and no problems yet... Fingers crossed.

Dec 30, 2020
I'd try the firmware that was posted earlier today. I installed about 2 hours ago and no problems yet... Fingers crossed.

Wow this is great. I'm going to try the download option also. I'd much rather go the software route than dealing with the back and forth of a repairman or theoretical replacement

Feb 3, 2021
I got the email also to update the firmware. I download it extract it to a new formatted fat32. follow the instructions power off, insert the usb, unplug the ac power, then plug it back in. press power on remote and hold until seeing update. I did that, but I don't see tv updating. I try using a different usb and still no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Feb 3, 2021
Updating firmware with file posted earlier looks like has fixed the problem.
I followed the instructions but it seem my TV is not doing any updating the firmware.
i press and hold the power button on the remote . I don't see the updating screen. The TV just popup with the mainscreen. How did you get your to update?

Feb 3, 2021
model LC-75Q7570U stop working after update. when i plug tv in i hear click and the light on the front panal is a soild red and a black screen . is the tv in standby mode if so how can i get it working sharp not much help.
thanks

Jan 16, 2021
Thank you for the information on the update! Had a tech scheduled for Friday setup by Sharp/Hisense but glad I got it back for the Super Bowl. Does anyone know if the update link just reverts the TV back prior to the update that caused the issue?

Feb 3, 2021
I followed the instructions but it seem my TV is not doing any updating the firmware.
i press and hold the power button on the remote . I don't see the updating screen. The TV just popup with the mainscreen. How did you get your to update?

Just followed instructions on page. It did work for me.
I can confirm the problem has been resolved. Have been watching TV for couple of days and has not crashed yet.

Feb 6, 2021
So. I have worked in technology for 27 years.
This has truly had all the signs of a botched software update.

here were the symptoms on my tv.
  1. Screeching/white scramble screen and reboot no matter what input I’m using.
  2. Casting would not work whatsoever.
  3. After turning tv off, the tv will click like it is turning on and off. These are the relays I believe. Mind you the screen never comes on, I just here the relays click every 15-20 seconds.
This is not popping line when the tv cools.
This is exactly the sound when I would turn the unit on and off.

I have not heard anyone say they have the clicking sound after the update.
Everything else on the update worked ok.
I still think the update patch has some issues.

This has all the signs of a company not having the same team writing software. The question is how did this EVER make it out to TVs ?!?! Hello quality control!

Jan 16, 2021
Actually the update did work for me to get my TV working again. However, my TV is doing the popping once turned off. Just clicks as though it is turning on and off. We now resort to unplugging the TV and plugging it back in after we are done for the night. I had an appointment for a Tech yesterday did not cancel due to the turning on and off but they were a no show no call. I’ll be calling Monday to see what they can do. It’s working but not the way it should be.

Feb 6, 2021
Actually the update did work for me to get my TV working again. However, my TV is doing the popping once turned off. Just clicks as though it is turning on and off. We now resort to unplugging the TV and plugging it back in after we are done for the night. I had an appointment for a Tech yesterday did not cancel due to the turning on and off but they were a no show no call. I’ll be calling Monday to see what they can do. It’s working but not the way it should be.

The update did get my tv going too. And I can now cast to it as well.
I think there are still issues how the software is hibernating the tv...
Most of our TVs are basically a computer that does not shut completely down.
The major components that use energy are powered down, but the system is in “standby”
At least we know it’s a common issue!
That may help it get pushed up for resolution!

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021
Just an update. Our TV (using the patch firmware) is operational. However, when it is off, there is still something (like a power relay or something) clicking on and off all the time. I have called every sharp number I can find, written to executive offices, etc. When you call many of the sharp numbers you will get a menu, then once you make a selection, you are disconnected. Sharp support has a ticket open for me and I have never received a call, voice mail, email, text, or smoke signal.

At this point, I am like "WOW"... From first to the worst.
I generally refrain from posting anything negative on social media, however, with no other options working, I posted on sharp tv's FB page. (I know, like they care right)

However, If EVERYONE here would post their experience and lack of service/communication on this page, maybe the powers that be would become aware...

https://www.facebook.com/SharpAQUOS

TRENDING THREADS