Sharp Aquos - Screen / Picture Tinted Red

Jhigs

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
I have a Sharp Aquos. Suddenly, when I turn the TV on, everything on TV has a red tint to it. I tried to adjust the picture settings but it did not help. I also restored the settings to factory settings but this did not help either. I don't know what caused this red tint and I don't know how to fix it. Also, the volume bar and channels numbers on the screen are no longer being displayed, Any solutions / suggestions?
Thank you very much.

Ouch, sounds like the board going. Had 2 friends with Aquo's go down, one like this. The one was 13 months, just out of warranty. Luckily they bought an extended warranty, the techs couldn't find a replacement mainboard, so they had to refund him and he got a 4k Visio instead. Sharp was no help, tech couldn't find parts, my friend wasn't impressed with support on the matter.

Jhigs

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
Thanks for your information. I found the solution to this problem which was so obvious. It's usually the first thing I do when something electronic is not working properly. I just shut it down, disconnected it from everything and then reconnected it 10 minutes later. The TV is back to normal. I'm glad I did not have to pay some technician to do this.