Sharp Sound Bar Problems

zbaw99

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I purchased a Sharp HSB-600 sound bar in March, and it's been giving me some problems. About once per hour, all the sound will drop to around 10% of the volume I had it set at and gradually come back up to normal volume over the course of about 5 seconds. The input is from a Charter cable box via HDMI cable. I don't think there is a problem with the cable box, as I used the TV speakers before I got the sound bar and there wasn't a problem then.
The other problem with the sound bar is that I have to turn it up a lot higher than I used to in order to get the same amount of sound. The scale on the display goes from 1 to 100. I used to have it set at 30 for a comfortable listening volume; lately I've had to set it to 85 or 90 for the same amount of sound.
I've spoken to Sharp customer support a few times, and they seem convinced that the reason I'm having problems is that I'm using HDMI to connect to a non-ARC TV. But I don't see how this could be the case because the signal comes from the cablebox and not the TV. Any help is appreciated.

zbaw99

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013

I should have mentioned that I've already switched out HDMI cables and had no luck. I'm thinking it may be the main board on the inside, but I'd like to get a second opinion before I start taking screws out.