SHARP VS SAMSUNG-PLEASE LOOK

ketrab

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
HI SO WE HAVE ANOTHER DILLEMA BETWEEN TWO LCD'S. MY MAINLY PURPOSE OF THAT LCD WILL BE WATCHING TV EITHER FROM CABLE OR PC. WHICH ONE WILL HAVE BETTER PICTURE WHERE BOTH ARE VERY COMPETITABLE. THANKS A LOT

1. Sharp - AQUOS 46" Class 120Hz Flat-Panel LCD HDTV

is for about $1400 plus free sharp blueray player

2. Samsung LN46A650 - 46" LCD TV

is for about $1500 nothing else for the bundle

** only one thing that i noticed is that samsung has 50000:1 contrast ratio where sharp has 10000:1.

Am i going to see a significant difference or what. Please help and let me know. IN advance thanks a lot

Regards

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Without nothing to compare, No!

Between the two, I won't touch Samsung although some might argue with that.

Also I think the sharp looks nicer than the Samsung;reason why I got the Sony XBR and sony has better track record of being reliable.

I almost bought the sharp (92 and up line was my first choce) but 52" was too big for my needs and the dealer don’t have anything in 40" - 46" in stock. If you'll get sharp, check the 85 and up model line.

Hope you'll get more reply so you can compare notes.

G

if i were you, i would not buy a samsung. its about 5 days that i have bought a 40 inch samsung lcd (5 series 70000:1).
its not really what i wanted.
satelite and tv is not my what i thought.

laserpp

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
Samsung is the worst. I will never buy one again. Bought a 40inc hd year and half ago and recently when turning it on it would click 8-15 times before coming on. So I did a search and found samsung has a track record of using shitty parts. Found tens of thousand with the same problem. Apparently after year to two years of ownership the capacitors fail. Then to fix it costs hundreds of dollar if u cant do it yourself.