Sharp vs Vizio - Please Help! All Opinions Wanted

sierra419

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
I'll try to keep this short. I've been reading a lot of reviews on the new Vizio e65-C3. It sounds great and its the perfect price, but I'm iffy on Vizio as I was always told this isn't a good brand. I went to a big box store to check it out but they weren't in stock yet. The salesman told me that Vizio is a crappy brand and they had a Sharp LC65LE654u for the same price. I did an impulse buy and bought the Sharp but I'm not overly enthused about it - even after full calibration. The Vizio has great reviews on it's picture quality but I cant find any reviews at all for the Sharp. Both TVs are very similar spec wise. Should I take the Sharp back and get the Vizio or is the Sharp the superior TV? I only have a few days left to decide. Please help!

Vizio e65-C3 vs Sharp LC65LE654u. What do you think?

If those were the only choices I would go with the Vizio. Sharp is a better brand but their TVs have never been very good. They were leaders in LCD displays so that gave them some cachet back when the tech was new. Customer service is not great with most manufacturers but if you stick with name brands you have a better shot. Check out Samsung and LG as alternatives. You can get some ideas from the AVS forum too.

sierra419

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
I'm leaning more towards the Vizio just because of the good reviews, but I'm nervous that I could be making a mistake by taking the Sharp back. I cant find any reviews for it and for all I know it could be a superior TV. It's such a big purchase and something that will get so much use that I don't want to get stuck with something that I'm not happy with and always wonder if the other was better.

Anyone else?

sierra419

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
For anyone wondering, I ended up keeping the Sharp. I had my mind made up to return it and go with the Vizio but after lots of calibrating and bluray testing I decided to keep it. They're very comparable to each other.