Sharp's $31,000 60-inch Ultra HDTV Will Be Made-to-Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwellin

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
[citation][nom]killeeeeer[/nom]Who buys these things ?![/citation]

I love you guys that are so ignorant on these products. We have already sold multiple Sony UHD monitors. You and your mother will never buy this and replace your 60" in your living room. That is not what they are developed for.

Medical Industry and CAD's. 4k microscopes and high resolution 3D designs. $31k is very cheap in this market. The same people that purchase these monitors are the same people that purchased the first 100" Plasma monitors for $80k just a few years ago. When you have a $250k microscope a $31k display is cheap.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
I walked into Sony store in Vancouver and they had their version (70"+?) on display. Boy the image looked great on such gigantic screen :D i cant imagine what HiVision 8K will look.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
To a lot of people $31,000 US is not a lot of money, believe it or not. I'm not one of those people though. There are a lot of very wealthy folks in the world, they're really not a rare as you may think.

killeeeeer

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
[citation][nom]gwellin[/nom]I love you guys that are so ignorant on these products. We have already sold multiple Sony UHD monitors. You and your mother will never buy this and replace your 60" in your living room. That is not what they are developed for.Medical Industry and CAD's. 4k microscopes and high resolution 3D designs. $31k is very cheap in this market. The same people that purchase these monitors are the same people that purchased the first 100" Plasma monitors for $80k just a few years ago. When you have a $250k microscope a $31k display is cheap.[/citation]

Well thanks, I really didn't know that but still that's very small portion

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]killeeeeer[/nom]Well thanks, I really didn't know that but still that's very small portion[/citation]

Yet a profitable portion. Intel makes a huge buck in the server market even though they sell a lot less than the regular consumer/enthusiast market.

G

What media is there that is available to play this resolution? Even 4 years ago in Canada HD TV was somewhat limited and Blu-Ray players were expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.