Sharp's New LED Lamps Are High Tech Lighting

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

led lights are coming down in price now ,
if anyone wants to fit thier house out look at ctledlight.co.uk and tell them what you want if its not on thier site, they will give you a quote . its cheaper to buy a few at a time rather than a small amount. all i wanted was direct replacements to save money on electricity.

G

I installed a couple of 0.2W LED night lights not long ago. They replaced 4W incandescents, so that's almost 8W of all-night-long power savings, a non-trivial amount over time, and they were only a couple of bucks to buy.

romansky

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
These are the effects of the Monetary system...

If energy saving was realy important to humanity they would make these light bulbs cheaper so everyone would get them and save energy!

But who cares.. not the people who make 1BIL a year...

cbinette

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007
I've paid 400$ for 32 Kb to upgrade my TRS-80 to 48 kb.

And my 10 Mb hd for my Victor 9000 was near 2000$.

Yea, i'm not a teenager anymore . :cool:

roholidays1

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
hehehehe, yes in the '80 a 10 Mb Hd was a big thing and very very expensive...my dad told me the same thing...with a radio shak computer? or it was circuit city?

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]cbinette[/nom]I've paid 400$ for 32 Kb to upgrade my TRS-80 to 48 kb. And my 10 Mb hd for my Victor 9000 was near 2000$.Yea, i'm not a teenager anymore . :cool:[/citation]
I paid 12$ to upgrade my trs-80 coco 2 to 64k :) it was like, 10 years ago.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]I like this technology but the price for a light bulb is stupidly high. And honestly, why does everything have to become overly complicated? Let's put a remote control for our light bulbs. No! All I want is a screw in light bulb that works! So I'm supposed to put this remote for my light bulb shade of white, next to my DVD player remote, TV remote, Media center remote, blu ray remote, and my DVR remote. OKKKKKKKKKK[/citation]

You need a remote controller to control your remote controllers.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]roholidays1[/nom]hehehehe, yes in the '80 a 10 Mb Hd was a big thing and very very expensive...my dad told me the same thing...with a radio shak computer? or it was circuit city?[/citation]
For sometime I was thinking these forums had nobody 30+... glad to see you all there. I bought a 386DX - 40MHZ (it was an AMD chip) with 2mb ram and 510MB HD for $1,700 with a 15" crt in 1992. At the time I said, "Man what a bargain. 5 years ago (1987) I would have had to spend twice as much for half the power". Things never change.

As for the new LED bulb... I like the ability to control the color temperature and don't doubt the bulbe will go at least 10 years. My bigger concern is to plunck down the money and lose the remote or the remote will fail in 3-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS