Shielding the front panel port

aymanhaq

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knew a good material to shield the front panel headphone port. The nearby electrical components in the computer cause a considerable amount of interference. If I use a USB flash drive at the front port, I can 'hear' the data being transferred. There is nothing wrong with the headphones. I have used it with other devices and it works just fine.

Thank You

ien2222

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Aluminum doesn't transmit magnetic or electrical fields. A lot of center channels used to be shielded using it. I mentioned it cause usually a lot of people have it for kitchen use and it's easy to work with.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mjpm707 Audio 0
D Audio 2
B Audio 0
J Audio 0
JonathanDQT Audio 2
Gokulan Audio 1
ErekS Audio 0
deejayiii Audio 1
tulumba Audio 0
PLBoucher Audio 7
S Audio 1
C Audio 1
J Audio 1
G Audio 1
F Audio 2
Darkmatterx Audio 2
Marshall Honorof Audio 15
nooneisback Audio 2
A Audio 0
J Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Sony STR-DE445 Front Output isn't working
Question Do PC Speakers Need to be Magnetically Shielded?
Question Audio is worse when i plug it behind the computer, better in the front but...
Question TRRS audio extension (Male/Female) inserted in an front audio jack is dectected deactivating the main speakrs.
Solved! Connecting Logitech MX Sound 2.0 to subwoofer
Question logitech z-623 different sound quality when using front and back 3.5 mm aux input
Question Rear audio jacks do not register anything but front does.
Solved! how can i open the front panel of below speaker I.E RECONNECT ELECTRA SPEAKER
Question Is it possible to have Windows detect my Headphones as separete from my 5.1 Speaker setup if they are not connected to the front jack
Solved! ONKYO Receiver: Buzzing/hissing when plugging front speakers (5.1 setup)
Question Sony HT-RT3 Front Speakers Plays Always With Rear
RCA jacks. What is positve? The thick bare wire or thin shielded wire?
How do I hook up a 1/8 inch male plug to 2 RCA stereo inputs? 1/8 has a red, white & bare wire. (Shield or ground?) RCA wires
Killer Deal: Get a Free Google Home Mini with Nvidia Shield TV
Solved! NVIDIA Shield Tv + Plex = Not Getting Dolby Atmos
Does this Nextech m to f 3.5mm 6ft cord (from The Source Canada) have a copper stereo wire & shielding all along the cord?
Roku Ultra vs. Apple TV 4K vs. Nvidia Shield: Face-Off
Need help with EMI shielding in a ribbon mic
Magnetically Shield Old Speaker Drivers
Magnetic Shielding -distance from device

ASK THE COMMUNITY