Shift modes in Dragon Center

Merp97

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
I have an MSI GV62 series gaming laptop powered by GTX 1060.The problem is whenever I don't plug in my laptop I cannot Shift to any other mode than ECO.But as you may know I can get the best performance only in a Sport or Turbo mode.Once I plug in the power adapter these became available.

Is there any way I can use a Sport or Turbo mode without plugging in ??

Solution
It is by design.
You can get around it by manually changing settings in the Nvidia control panel, i can't remember off the top of my head where abouts the setting is but i know i've seen it before.
Depending on what graphics card is in your laptop you may or may not gain any performance from changing the settings, the battery is limited on how much power it can provide the system.

Edit: The setting you are looking for is actually in Geforce Experience, it's called battery boost, enabled by default it's set to 30fps, you can increase it up to 60fps or disable it entirely.
I imagine that's by design, since Sport & Turbo modes use more power, the battery would run down faster which may be very inconvenient (or cause you to lose work) when you're not near a power point.

Use your laptop plugged in to mains power if you want to use those modes.

Merp97

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
But the very point of gaming laptops is portability.I know it affects battery life but still, there should be some way to play without plugging in, because there's a significant difference in performance, like 30fps.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
It is by design.
You can get around it by manually changing settings in the Nvidia control panel, i can't remember off the top of my head where abouts the setting is but i know i've seen it before.
Depending on what graphics card is in your laptop you may or may not gain any performance from changing the settings, the battery is limited on how much power it can provide the system.

Edit: The setting you are looking for is actually in Geforce Experience, it's called battery boost, enabled by default it's set to 30fps, you can increase it up to 60fps or disable it entirely.

Solution