Asmar Amjad Sheikh

Estimable
Nov 1, 2015
Hello,

I've a Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop, following are its specs:-

Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU M620 @ 2.67GHZ
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
Ram: 8GB Ram

I've been told by friends that my laptop is outdated and that in order keep getting good performance I should buy better one as soon as possible, but for me its working best -- I've not noticed any kind of lag -- its working fast and smooth for me.

What do you guys suggest? Is there actually a need to upgrade it ?

stokieben

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Then don't buy a new laptop if it's working for you. Fair enough if you are a hardcore editor but if its all just for casual use then you gain very little for upgrading when you've got an I7 + 8GB of Ram.

budgetbuilds760

Estimable
Nov 1, 2015

unless your doing high end video editing then you should be doing perfect for your uses and you also be able to play a few med-low demanding games if you are interested.
If you decide to start gaming or using more advanced video editing software then consider buying a laptop with a dedicated graphics card that fits the requirements of the editing program(s) you plan to use

Kritonios

Estimable
Jul 25, 2015
For what you are doing this laptop is more than even if you don't have a dedicated graphics card. The only that you could possibly upgrade and make it faster is the hard drive(Install an ssd)