Should I get a Blue Yeti and Headphones or a Headset?

kluchgts

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
EakLjNa.jpg

Above is a R O U G H drawing of my setup, the monitors are turned toward me in the middle. I was planning to put the Blue Yeti if I got one at one of the X's. For the headPHONES I was looking at the ATH-M50X and I haven't really looked at headsets yet.

My fear with the combo is I had a problem with the ATR2500. It was at the X next to my tower and I got all kinds of random background noise. My friends could hear my typing LOUDLY, normally they're fine with it but this made it too loud and if I turned it down then I sounded like I was whispering.

and my fear for a headset is that it will go bad too fast. I bought the HyperX Cloud II's and 6 months later it's already broken and one of my older ones I accidentally dipped the mic into Dr. Pepper.

So I have fears for both; do you guys that have used a Yeti think the setup should be fine? Or should I get an mid-quality and mid-priced headset?

iamacow

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
As owner of the Hyper Could II and Blue Yeti, I have to say that both are good for different things. BTW my Cloud II still works fine, haven't had a issue since launch of the product almost a year ago. As for the Blue Yeti. It is in fact very loud without some sort of noise cancelling foam surrounding it. You can hear every key being pressed. Great for recording higher quality audio, But nearly useless for gaming chat.

kluchgts

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Well if I got the Yeti and put it on the left side I was planning to have a piece of cardboard or something trying to block sound from the keyboard. Angled so that it can still get me clearly. As for the Cloud II's it was the usb adapter thing that messed up. I can still hear out of it but everything else is gone and since the usb adapter is gone, the cord is now too short.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
condenser mics are sensitive, so it depends on the noise in the room really.
i have a condenser mic also, AT2020, but i do push-to-talk so it's ok for most of the time.
headsets should be fine, just take care of it.

i switched to headphones (i also have m50xBL, and recently got HD598) because i like listening to music also (no more gaming headsets for me)