iball8888

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
I am going to be buying a new HDTV, currently I have a Piece of crap 26inch 720p tv buy some 3rd company for like 100 or dollars. I got it from my parents as a gift a year or two ago. I want to get buy a real tv.

Right now I am stuck between going for a 40-46inch 1080p 120-240hz tv, or a 46 inch 3d tv.

I never was a fan of 3D movies, in fact the only one I saw that I didn't mind the 3D was Jackass 3D, most of the time when a new movie comes out, I wait to see the 2D version. HOWEVER, If the world is heading towards 3D becoming the standard of TV and Movie watching, maybe I should go something a little more future proof. But if this whole 3D stuff is just a fad, then I'll go with the regular TV.

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
u may want to w8 a bit... im sure me and a lot of other people around the worl will also agree that this 3D is the furture thing is taking off REALLLLL slow.

it may only be a worth it when the 3d equipments (TV, source palyer, cables) become cheaper.

i also think this 3D is really not nessecary since camera already have focus, - u can tell which is further or closer to, not exactly 100% depth of field, but is enough for now.

3D may also damage ur eyes much faster in the long term use. this is the same as looking cross-eyed for a 30mins or wearing glasses that arent meant for your eyes.

id save the money and buy a good normal tv and some external speakers.

mmilner1

Honorable
May 10, 2012
The day will come when they will finally be able to make the screen 3d and you won't need the glasses. When that day does come your TV will be obsolete anyways so my vote is get the 2d tv. In fact the new fad now seems to be the smart tv where you can browse the internet, netflix, youtube ect. or just watch tv.

current 3d technology is a gimmick and most likely either disappear completely or stay minimal. we will most likely get a second launch of 3d once the effects are more believeable and when we get better television technology to support it.

if you will be using the tv for just television 120/240hz sets are fine.
if you will hooking it up to a pc 60hz is almost a must unless the game mode actually works right.