Should I install the Prema Bios Mod for Sager NP7338 (Clevo W230SS)?

Baumber

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I just bought a Sager NP7338 and i am in love with it. The only problem i have with it is that the i7 4710mq processor gets fairly warm under normal/idle use. under light use it will get up to 50c and that is just to warm for my liking.

So my first question is, should i install the Prema Bios mod? is it reliable?

I dont know much about it and i was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it. Many people swear by it, but i am always hesitant about doing anything to the bios. The main reason i would want it is so that i can under volt my cpu, which unless if i can do that in the stock sager bios, i would much rather do that, but i have not gone into the bios yet, i will soon though.

My second question is, would this void my warranty with sager?

Last question, If i did install prema bios, would it erase my all the files on my hdd?

Thanks

Solution
Yes - i can recommend the Prema Bios. Prema is a Guru his work is outstanding. I have the W230SS with i7-4710mq too and after Prema Bios flash i can undervolt the CPU with -80mV. In Gaming (Watchdogs) it gets only ~72°C warm. Also you can Overclock the GPU and my Crucial 1866 MHz RAM (10/10/10/32) now works with 2133 MHz (11/11/11/32) which gives a decent boost to the Intel iGPU (for light Gaming on battery).
Also you get Performance and Battery Saver tweaks.

You should save your NVIDIA VBios before - i forgot to do that. But i won't go back to stock anyway ...

The Bios Mod is awesome...

AndiiiHD

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
Yes - i can recommend the Prema Bios. Prema is a Guru his work is outstanding. I have the W230SS with i7-4710mq too and after Prema Bios flash i can undervolt the CPU with -80mV. In Gaming (Watchdogs) it gets only ~72°C warm. Also you can Overclock the GPU and my Crucial 1866 MHz RAM (10/10/10/32) now works with 2133 MHz (11/11/11/32) which gives a decent boost to the Intel iGPU (for light Gaming on battery).
Also you get Performance and Battery Saver tweaks.

You should save your NVIDIA VBios before - i forgot to do that. But i won't go back to stock anyway ...

The Bios Mod is awesome...

Solution