Solved! should I Uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol'Hippie

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
Should I uninstall the newest two windows updates? immediately after installing them I am experiencing major reverb while trying to listen to a song in windows player and while watching video in YouTube, and while using Adobe Audition.
I should note I am hooked up to an Alesis Mix board, and everything worked fine before the updates.
I got it fixed, it was a setting on the Mix Board.......

Last edited:
Solution
Which OS? I'm STILL using WIN7 64 ULT, ever since the forced WIN 10 upgrade disaster. New rig will have the latest WIN10.

This has happened to me and that's why I refuse to use Windows Update for drivers.

Drivers are commonly recommended with Windows Updates. I don't use Windows to update drivers. Personally, I prefer to go to the sound card mfr website, go to Support, download the latest drivers. Sometimes, you don't get the latest from MS. I do this for everything (chipset, ethernet, video, audio, any peripherals).

Download the latest drivers for your audio (onboard or add-on card like me). You may be offered to have your system auto-detected. I prefer to select myself...OS version, sound card model#. Install the driver...

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
Which OS? I'm STILL using WIN7 64 ULT, ever since the forced WIN 10 upgrade disaster. New rig will have the latest WIN10.

This has happened to me and that's why I refuse to use Windows Update for drivers.

Drivers are commonly recommended with Windows Updates. I don't use Windows to update drivers. Personally, I prefer to go to the sound card mfr website, go to Support, download the latest drivers. Sometimes, you don't get the latest from MS. I do this for everything (chipset, ethernet, video, audio, any peripherals).

Download the latest drivers for your audio (onboard or add-on card like me). You may be offered to have your system auto-detected. I prefer to select myself...OS version, sound card model#. Install the driver and any other software you'd like to update.

Reactions: Ol'Hippie
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.