Should I upgrade laptop and is this bottle necked?

Lemarsghast

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
My laptop is an Alienware 14 and here are it's specs:
16gb RAM
750gb HDD
Nvidia GT 750M
Intel I7-4700MQ
Windows 7 Ultimate

Is this bottle necked and or obsolete? And which Laptop is best for me? I am a gamer and I play Minecraft and Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm, getting about 19 FPS on the lowest graphics setting on SC2. I also do a lot of Photoshop rendering and animation.

P.S
DO NOT tell me to build my own desktop or buy a desktop, I am a student and I travel a lot, so desktops are of no use. I also do not want any suggestions about getting a notebook or anything, I would like a powerful gaming laptop that also screams through Photoshop.
Thanks.

It is not obsolete. But there is definitely something not right. Try scanning for viruses and uninstalling then re-installing the graphic drivers. Also check the temperatures of the CPU and GPU with a program like Speccy. If they are running too hot, then they throttle down so that they do not damage themselves. If they are running hot, then you need to check the vents for dust.

At worse you may need to do a clean install of Windows 7 to fix whatever is causing poor performance.

Lemarsghast

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
When i run the game, temperture is about 52 degrees Celsius. By the way my alienware is refurbished which might be the reason why performance is not the best, and I have an external cooler hooked up.