Sidecar Channel Problem - Clarification/HELP!

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

Thanks to Valdivar and others that have responded so far. I have my own
sidecar which works just fine on all channels, however, this second
sidecar with which I am having trouble is for some relatives of ours.

As with my own sidecar, I have only used the Sat In and Sat Out
connections between the C-band receiver and the sidecar, using the
C-band receiver to move between satellites.

Here is what I have been able to observe so far:

When I go on C4, for channels 100, 102, 107, 108, 109, I get 2 green
lights and the authorisation status says NS (since I am not subscribed)
which seems ok. The dish polarity can be either Horiz or Vert. But when
I go to channel 400 and above, the light goes red and there is no
picture. The authorisation statuses are NS for channel 400, S for
channels 601, 602, 603 and NS for channels 860, 861, 867. The screen
typically says it’s looking for the channel. When I toggle back to
Analog the lights go green and toggling again to Digital makes the one
light go red. When toggling back and forth, I seem to get a picture for
a split second before the light goes red and the screen goes black. It’s
as if I don’t have a strong enough signal. My receiver is a Uniden
SQ560. When I spoke to the fellow who originally installed my C-band
system, he indicated that my system has electronic skew control that is
adjusted automatically.

On the upper problem channels, it looks as if the polarity must be Horiz
for odd C-band receiver channels and Vert for even C-band receiver channels.

On G0, I get 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 110, 111, 112, 117 and all the
music channels in the 800’s.

On G1, I can get channel 602 but not 100 or 102.

On C3, I get channels 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 110,110, 112, 117, 806,
807 ok, but I can’t get 601 or 616.

I have similar problems on satellites W1, W4 and T7 where some channels
work and others don’t.


Has anyone seen or heard of such problems? I checked with Motorola and
they said I had the latest software. All they would say was that I
needed to adjust the skew, but playing with the skew for my c-band
receiver doesn’t seem to have any effect at all.

Valdivar mentioned that some sidecars had a bug regarding the polarity –
is there a fix?

I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions at this point since
I don’t know what else to do.
Thanks.

j-m
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

It looks to me that not all of the channels are not mapped into its'
(sidecar) master memory and a lot of the satellite tables are corrupted
and/or incomplete usually due to a partial download.The fact that a
signal flashed briefly before going black makes me think this is so.
I have a full 920 receiver and not completely familiar with the
sidecar,but I would do an equivalent of a "soft reboot" first.1.Turn
dish to Galaxy 10 (G0) position and park it on a digital channel.2.Turn
OFF sidecar receiver from front facility panel switch.3.Unplug unit for
5 minutes (resets memory channel maps and clears them out).DO NOT unplug
receiver without switching it off FIRST.4.Plug unit back in and go
through WARM UP procedure.Do not turn unit back on immediately;leave off
for 30 minutes to download all channel maps.5.Turn unit back on.

If this does not work,then you might try a FACTORY RESET from the
facilities menu.Keep in mind if you do this it will reset ALL parameters
back to when you first took it out of the box.....I am assuming the
sidecar has this type of selection.My 920 does anyway.
In any case,all the foregoing above presumes you have a digital
authorization from a programmer.If you do not,some DC2 channels might
not load due to some software reason concerning the "trip meter" where a
so-called "HIT" will not take for some reason.I do not completely
understand this,but was told it has to do with accessibility level of
programming.
I hope this helps....good luck!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

The fix is you use your analog rcvr to control thed dish!

What you reported is as I said.

For example on G0 ) chs 100.800s are one polarity,whereas some of the others
are different.C3:100s....580 -616,680,700,780 one polarity,whereas 125-127
and the 620s and 800s are another polarity(I might have mixed the 100s up a
bit there,but you get the idea.)...

On G1...the 100s,the polarity changes about every 10 channels,ie: 100 is
opposite polarity of 600-602,and the same on C4.

It appears the sidecar you are referring to is not changing skew...also on
my system if I switch back to anlog,but leave the sidecar on,when I change
channels on the same sat,if I change to a channel that's the same,or
opposite skew to what channel I left the sidecar on,the light goes green,or
red accordingly.

As I said,seems like that sidecar is not changing skew.

"jmd" <jmdaoust@comnet.ca> wrote in message
news:40afb9ee_2@news.cybersurf.net...
>
> Thanks to Valdivar and others that have responded so far. I have my own
> sidecar which works just fine on all channels, however, this second
> sidecar with which I am having trouble is for some relatives of ours.
>
> As with my own sidecar, I have only used the Sat In and Sat Out
> connections between the C-band receiver and the sidecar, using the
> C-band receiver to move between satellites.
>
> Here is what I have been able to observe so far:
>
> When I go on C4, for channels 100, 102, 107, 108, 109, I get 2 green
> lights and the authorisation status says NS (since I am not subscribed)
> which seems ok. The dish polarity can be either Horiz or Vert. But when
> I go to channel 400 and above, the light goes red and there is no
> picture. The authorisation statuses are NS for channel 400, S for
> channels 601, 602, 603 and NS for channels 860, 861, 867. The screen
> typically says it’s looking for the channel. When I toggle back to
> Analog the lights go green and toggling again to Digital makes the one
> light go red. When toggling back and forth, I seem to get a picture for
> a split second before the light goes red and the screen goes black. It’s
> as if I don’t have a strong enough signal. My receiver is a Uniden
> SQ560. When I spoke to the fellow who originally installed my C-band
> system, he indicated that my system has electronic skew control that is
> adjusted automatically.
>
> On the upper problem channels, it looks as if the polarity must be Horiz
> for odd C-band receiver channels and Vert for even C-band receiver
channels.
>
> On G0, I get 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 110, 111, 112, 117 and all the
> music channels in the 800’s.
>
> On G1, I can get channel 602 but not 100 or 102.
>
> On C3, I get channels 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 110,110, 112, 117, 806,
> 807 ok, but I can’t get 601 or 616.
>
> I have similar problems on satellites W1, W4 and T7 where some channels
> work and others don’t.
>
>
> Has anyone seen or heard of such problems? I checked with Motorola and
> they said I had the latest software. All they would say was that I
> needed to adjust the skew, but playing with the skew for my c-band
> receiver doesn’t seem to have any effect at all.
>
> Valdivar mentioned that some sidecars had a bug regarding the polarity –
> is there a fix?
>
> I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions at this point since
> I don’t know what else to do.
> Thanks.
>
> j-m
>
>


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.690 / Virus Database: 451 - Release Date: 5/22/2004
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

I posted the same to him in the tvro newsgroup,valdivar.He`ll probably
figure it out :>)
-shep-

"Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1bSrc.56259$qJ5.1419301@news20.bellglobal.com...
> The fix is you use your analog rcvr to control thed dish!
>
> What you reported is as I said.
>
> For example on G0 ) chs 100.800s are one polarity,whereas some of the
others
> are different.C3:100s....580 -616,680,700,780 one polarity,whereas 125-127
> and the 620s and 800s are another polarity(I might have mixed the 100s up
a
> bit there,but you get the idea.)...
>
> On G1...the 100s,the polarity changes about every 10 channels,ie: 100 is
> opposite polarity of 600-602,and the same on C4.
>
> It appears the sidecar you are referring to is not changing skew...also on
> my system if I switch back to anlog,but leave the sidecar on,when I change
> channels on the same sat,if I change to a channel that's the same,or
> opposite skew to what channel I left the sidecar on,the light goes
green,or
> red accordingly.
>
> As I said,seems like that sidecar is not changing skew.
>
> "jmd" <jmdaoust@comnet.ca> wrote in message
> news:40afb9ee_2@news.cybersurf.net...
> >
> > Thanks to Valdivar and others that have responded so far. I have my own
> > sidecar which works just fine on all channels, however, this second
> > sidecar with which I am having trouble is for some relatives of ours.
> >
> > As with my own sidecar, I have only used the Sat In and Sat Out
> > connections between the C-band receiver and the sidecar, using the
> > C-band receiver to move between satellites.
> >
> > Here is what I have been able to observe so far:
> >
> > When I go on C4, for channels 100, 102, 107, 108, 109, I get 2 green
> > lights and the authorisation status says NS (since I am not subscribed)
> > which seems ok. The dish polarity can be either Horiz or Vert. But when
> > I go to channel 400 and above, the light goes red and there is no
> > picture. The authorisation statuses are NS for channel 400, S for
> > channels 601, 602, 603 and NS for channels 860, 861, 867. The screen
> > typically says it's looking for the channel. When I toggle back to
> > Analog the lights go green and toggling again to Digital makes the one
> > light go red. When toggling back and forth, I seem to get a picture for
> > a split second before the light goes red and the screen goes black. It's
> > as if I don't have a strong enough signal. My receiver is a Uniden
> > SQ560. When I spoke to the fellow who originally installed my C-band
> > system, he indicated that my system has electronic skew control that is
> > adjusted automatically.
> >
> > On the upper problem channels, it looks as if the polarity must be Horiz
> > for odd C-band receiver channels and Vert for even C-band receiver
> channels.
> >
> > On G0, I get 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 110, 111, 112, 117 and all the
> > music channels in the 800's.
> >
> > On G1, I can get channel 602 but not 100 or 102.
> >
> > On C3, I get channels 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 110,110, 112, 117, 806,
> > 807 ok, but I can't get 601 or 616.
> >
> > I have similar problems on satellites W1, W4 and T7 where some channels
> > work and others don't.
> >
> >
> > Has anyone seen or heard of such problems? I checked with Motorola and
> > they said I had the latest software. All they would say was that I
> > needed to adjust the skew, but playing with the skew for my c-band
> > receiver doesn't seem to have any effect at all.
> >
> > Valdivar mentioned that some sidecars had a bug regarding the polarity -
> > is there a fix?
> >
> > I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions at this point since
> > I don't know what else to do.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > j-m
> >
> >
>
>
> ---
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.690 / Virus Database: 451 - Release Date: 5/22/2004
>
>
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 4
Widget51 Streaming Video & TVs 5
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 15
B Streaming Video & TVs 7
P Streaming Video & TVs 13
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 4

ASK THE COMMUNITY