Sim card is not being detected by the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pranav Patil

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
Ok this ones differnt case right now... i have Micromax canvas A210 which runs on KitKat nad recently i had factory reset the phone and upon inserting my Vodafone sim card it was not detected although it keeps on searching and ending upon showing no sim card and also whenevr i had tried to call someone immidiately inserting the sim the it works but upon calling second time it didnt showiing some error

and yeah yesterday itself i8 had tried hard reset also and tried again but no positive result... i got my sim replaced by new one but the number stays the old one it still didnt work.. although i treid to insert another sim card with the vodafone sim card which is not working the vodafone sim card did stay usable but again it didnt show any detection of sim card

one more thing the card which is not being detected is working on my another phone Moto G4 and in Samsung galaxy S4

what i think is software issue i need some advice what to do and yeah its only tht particular number of vodafone which is not working on micromax a210 but works on moto g4 and galaxy s4

help meeeeeeeee

It may not be a software issue. But to be sure, did you, after the reset, make sure to do all updates to the device? There should have been many.

If that doesn't help, and the Firmware and any original apps have been updated. Try running the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it will work OK then. If it does, then there is definitely something on the phone causing the issue. If the reset you did was only a "Factory Reset" you may wish to consider a "Hard Reset". Now if the problem persists even in "Safe Mode" I would start to wonder if it is hardware and not software.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinstert the SD card.

Pranav Patil

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
Ok i tried everything i could including ur solutions but it still doesnt work... and yeah its this specific vodafone number which is not working in micromax a210 but works perfect in my other devices and yeah the other sims do work in micromax a210 but not tht vodafone sim even though its still working why is that? its like i have to get new number or any advice u could provide?

sarahgad

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
Try to get your phone software flashed, that is all you need to do. Then try again with a new sim card from your service provider. Hopefully you will get done with it.

Pranav Patil

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
ok yesterday my dad took the phone and had dne smething which i really dont know and its working now... it was issue under connectivity tab in settings... btw guyzz thnx for ur help.. i really appreciate what u have dne for me :)

Patty Ann

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

jhaniharika68

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017

jhaniharika68

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
I have a similar problem.i got a samsung galaxy s3 phone no sim works in it except vodafone...if i insert any other sim it shows no sim...plz hlp me and what did ur father do to solve ur problem... Hope that solution works

Mar 18, 2018

Apr 20, 2018

Apr 20, 2018
Hello Pranav, I am facing the same issue with my airtel no. Both SIM and phone is fine but they are not working together since last evening. You got your issue since a year now, plz tell me how did get a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.