SimCity Sold 2 Million Since Launch

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
@IAmVortigaunt

a 600$ pc from about 5 years ago still massively outperforms the consoles, no maintenance costs at all.

and in all honesty, when the next consoles come out, all it may just require is a 200$ upgrade to be able to play those games.

Orlean

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
The always online requirement didn't bother me to much, even the server's having problems at launch with the amount of Volume of players trying to join causing havoc didn't even really both me that much either. The multiplayer aspect of it is neat, the whole simulation engine it runs on is pretty nice too. The game is genuinely fun in my opinion, but the main thing that really bothered me is the amount of space you have to build a City is absurd, once you get to a certain population you kinda hit a wall and with no room to build it just feels like your building a large neighborhood instead. They did say they would release in a DLC that would enable you to have more room to build stuff but even then I don't know how I feel about having to pay for something that should of been released when the game came out.

Ninjamonkeh

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
They are currently on patch 6 and I have seen 0 improvement, They put out notes saying such and such is fixed and you go and play and it is still broken in the same way. Since launch tourism has had a bug that you will get endless tourists stuck in your town bringing even a monster pc rig to stuttering framerates. No fix yet, but they have released some tourism DLC lol. The game is a failure they actually are having the community do their Q&A now for free. This game has taught EA its ok not test products , release them unfinished and start pumping out the DLC , as long as you buy the press pre-launch then go silent post launch most customers will buy blindly w/o knowing they are about to pay $80 for a game in beta (which might never come out of beta considering the 3 main devs have jumped ship). I will never buy EA products at launch again, 3month probation period, then ill research their forums and make a choice.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Realistically any Sims game should expect to sell around 20 million copies in its lifetime. At 2 million its obvious this one failed mainly due to EA.

talkischeapc9

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Torchlight 2 just reported it sold 2 million units too. Just shows how bad Sim City really is with the name/hype/advertising it still couldn't out do a indie game.

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
IAmVortigaunt - Simcity 3000 sold 5 million units. Considering the additions and changes seem to have been to attract a wider audience 2 million is pretty poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.