Siri Successfully Ported to iPhone 4, iPod touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanlia

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Apple: Siri only works on the iPhone 4S's dual-core processor because of its high need of processing power.
Me: Clearly.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Processing power? You need to be connected to the internet to use it, not only that but it sends the data to a server, that's what does the heavy lifting..

Apple now bullshi**ing to their customers too? Wait.. Sorry they also promised a magical and unrivaled experience with the iPhone.

Guess that turned out to be true too right?
/Sarcasm

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Apple and Pomegranate should team up. Both confused loads of people and the high level of deception from pomegranate is enough to make apple drool!

brothermist

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
apple didnt lie! They just didnt know that their own products are just so bad ass that their processors have begun the process of self perpetuated evolution and are now able to take on this new innovative apple technology. Thus proving that promise of a magical and unrivaled experience. The human brain just can not understand the sheer level of awesome apple is. Apple asked Chuck Norris to try to comprehend apples level of win, he scratched his head, ran away, and now can be seen cowering in the corner, tucked into the fetal position. Apple is now also suing Chuck Norris, as they have a patent on the fetal position, and the gesture he gave them before running away.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
I'm pretty pleased really. I know the 4s is selling like hot cakes to the sheeple, but the one stand out feature of this release that was delayed from the june cycle - Siri - has had to be artificially fixed to the 4s. The same siri that was puchased in june 2010 because apple can control the market with it's huge cash pile, so, that something that was going to be available to everyone with a smartphone is now just available to 4s (and ipad2? am i right?) users. But this is good right media people? we still love apple? they always do the best thing? apple can do no wrong? we still need to drop our pants and let apple do us? i need guidance here!

jldevoy

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Isn't it up to Apple which features they allow on whatever locked down hardware they sell? If they demanded that users of iPhone5 wear clown shoes at all times there would still be massive queues of Apple faithful waiting for it.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
@brothermist

Thank you sir. A great laugh before bed. +1

But seriously. Even as much as I have despised Apple over the years, they still hold a place in the tech world and I will always have ONLY an ounce of respect for them. Nothing they have done has made me lose the tiny shred of respect I have for them, but with crap like this it's slowly going completely away.

And you have to love how there is no difference in response time when he searches for a Starbucks at the same time on each device.

GG Apple

G

So Siri is voice recognition software that runs searches and controls functions on the iPhone 4s. But Apple only released it for the 4s even though its server based technology.

At least that's what the voice search performed from my google app says. I then called my sister from the same app and told her to get a droid and to stop getting raped by Apple...

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]scanlia[/nom]Apple: Siri only works on the iPhone 4S's dual-core processor because of its high need of processing power. Me: Clearly.[/citation]

Considering Siri was a ready available app in the app store prior to Apple purchasing the company and then stating only 4s users could have it, makes it pretty clear this is not the case.

G

^sarcasm reading fail

Apple: The iPhone 4S is the only iDevice that can run Siri. You talk to one core while the other fails.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I have a friend that has icrapphone4 and he told me that when crapple lounched the 4S some of the iphone 4`s apps got restricted to it and were required the purchase of an 4S, any clue about this being true ? Since i wasn`t that nosy about apple products to actually ask at that moment what was taken from the 4 and moved to 4S.

G

I'm wondering if the Siri Ports will finally become available after there is a untethered iOS 5 jailbreak as it would be unwise to release it now and it could be patched and ruin any progress towards a current untethered jailbreak.

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
I know it pointless to state the obvious on a website likes Toms. The majority of Apple user will never read it. It great that the engineer post it on the Apple forum where it made the biggest impact.

Apple's latest and greatest device has so little to show that they throw in an apps as an upgrade.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]I have a friend that has icrapphone4 and he told me that when crapple lounched the 4S some of the iphone 4`s apps got restricted to it and were required the purchase of an 4S, any clue about this being true ? Since i wasn`t that nosy about apple products to actually ask at that moment what was taken from the 4 and moved to 4S.[/citation]

That was Siri.

Seriously, I despise ANY company that advertises some SOFTWARE as a device's feature. Especially if it was available previously. In a mobile device, I will only pay for the hardware and the OS that can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.