nebulasurfer

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
I never thought trying to build a decent website was so damn difficult. I've been using GoDaddy's Search Engine Visibility suite to try and maximise exposure for my website, yet even now if you try to Google 'Friends on Kik', being the name of the website, not even that very explicit search will result in the website. I do not understand why this process isn't automatic, it works for my other accounts on the internet such as Tumblr blogging, yet it seems I have to automatically optimise it myself when there are no clear tutorials, I have no prior experience with making websites and no skill when it comes to HTML or other editing software. Has somebody had experience in making websites that is familiar with the Search Engine Optimisation process? I really need some help otherwise this is going to be a massive waste of money.

Did you put any search terms in the meta tags of the webpage? That will help google actually find it, otherwise it will take a long time for it to find anything outside of searching for the url.

Google search (after looking at who paid for preference on top) will then go off of relevance (which the meta tags speeds along this process) and then the # of search hits.
So if you own a small pc store your site will never be right in the middle of best buy, staples, frys electronics, etc because they get thousands of searches a day while you get maybe 100.

nebulasurfer

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012

Hi there, thanks for your reply! Could you please explain what meta tags are and how I might be able to apply them to the site?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Meta tags:
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_meta.asp