mustang-wolf

Estimable
May 29, 2014
Skullcandy PLYR2 randomly started crackling, especially when I move my head. I tried changing the power cord, changing USB ports, moving my setup to a room across the house from my router, and unhooking the patch cord to run it in mono mode.

Still crackling. If I listen to the mic through the sound settings, the crackling is MUCH louder, leading me to believe that the microphone (which is also the transmission receiver) is the problem. I'm a student with no money to my name, so I really hope the headset isn't toast.

Help me please...

It should also be mentioned that unless I set it to listen to the mic, the crackling only happens when I'm wearing it. My friend sitting next to me can't hear it when he's wearing them.

mustang-wolf

Estimable
May 29, 2014

They're wireless, and I've tried every different cord I had for the transmitter.

mustang-wolf

Estimable
May 29, 2014

Haven't tried it yet. Definitely will tomorrow.

mustang-wolf

Estimable
May 29, 2014

Plugged it into my buddy's laptop. Still crackling for me, but not when he's wearing it.

mustang-wolf

Estimable
May 29, 2014

I got them from my old roommate. Even if there was a warranty, he never gave me the receipt, and he did some horrible things to my family and is pissed at me for finding out. I can't ask him for the receipt.

mustang-wolf

Estimable
May 29, 2014

It's been so long since I've responded, sorry. I found the problem. The wire has been pinched one too many times. It's the set of wires connecting the right ear (control panel) to the rest of the headset. Taking my stiletto and using the blunt side to pull the wire back into place temporarily fixes it. I've decided to spend $54 and get the Rosewill RHTS-8206 instead. I'm sick of having to waste so much tape at a time trying to fix this wire and then fix the ear in place so it won't crackle, just to end up doing the same thing an hour later.

The headset I'm referring to.