Skybar One Wine System is ''Sophistication''

Status
Not open for further replies.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]That's actually pretty neat. Far out of my price range however.Compatible with tequila and vodka?[/citation]
I'm sure it would work. the designer might have a heart attack if he knew that you polluted his machine with low class drinks. Me i'd put soda in it

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Enjoy the style points of a wine dispenser—so long as you're near a wall socket.

Floor, ceiling, outside of RV socket with extension cord. I'm probably a minority in wanting to use sockets located elsewhere so I'm going going to cry "discrimination"! Lawsuit!!!

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Because some tight-ass thinks he can taste the differance between one bottle that has been in contact with air for more than 10 seconds and another that is vaccuum sealed.Beer FTW!!![/citation]

Actually if you're a super-taster (extra large nasal cavities, etc) you can. Although I believe it takes more than 10 seconds. Its more like eleven.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Because some tight-ass thinks he can taste the differance between one bottle that has been in contact with air for more than 10 seconds and another that is vaccuum sealed.Beer FTW!!![/citation]
What I don't get is that you're supposed to let wine 'breathe' before drinking. Maybe the device itself has some sort of aeration mechanism while dispensing. I could see this being useful other than that.

And yes, I'll stick to my beer.

gagyilaszlo

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]weirdguy99[/nom]What was wrong with pouring wine/alcoholic drinks with your hands?[/citation]

This comes really handy when you're really drunk, and can't aim it.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
I'll stick to using my own hands. When I do drink wine, the bottle is gone by the end of the night, nullifying my need for a vacuum seal :)

Moshu78

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
It's a stupid idea. A good bottle of wine needs to be opened, then you have to pour it into a special recipient that allows the wine to "breathe" for at least 20 minutes and only after all this cycle is complete you can start filling the glasses and feeling the wine's real taste. Sorry, but apart from high tech, this invention is garbage "pour les connaisseurs"... Wine NEEDS to be in contact with air before you drink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.