Skype Founders File Copyright Suit Against eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[itation][nom]ssalim[/nom]I thought when you purchased something, you own the whole thing?[/citation]

Who knows anymore. Hell copywrite law is so screwed up anymore. I will sell you the next ten pictures I take and you can resell them and we both make money off of them. but then when you quit selling them I am going to sue you for selling the meta data that shows what shutter speed and apeture setting I used.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]I thought when you purchased something, you own the whole thing?[/citation]

That will depend on the agreement over the purchase.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Ebay has always... ALWAYS treated their customer like crap... I really hope they pay the bill this time. I lost 3000$ in 2004 when a crook got me. Even if he were from the same country as me and even by asking the police, no criminal charges have been applied.

I don't buy anything on ebay anymore exceeding 50$.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]bogcotton[/nom]They didn't buy it, they rented it.[/citation]

No no, the correct term is "licensed". They licensed the skype software, just like we users license the OS we use, we license the software we run on our computers, we license the MP3s we download.

If its not a physical piece of hardware, you don't own it these days.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]No no, the correct term is "licensed". They licensed the skype software, just like we users license the OS we use, we license the software we run on our computers, we license the MP3s we download.If its not a physical piece of hardware, you don't own it these days.[/citation]

Just like I license the food I eat, I renew it for new food. I simply return it using the toilet :)

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
If they own the copyright to some key code then they are due reparation. $75M/day reparation? Good luck with that.

btw, if their copyright does exist, someone's head is probably rolling for not doing a thorough due-diligence research.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Igot1forya[/nom]Just like I license the food I eat, I renew it for new food. I simply return it using the toilet[/citation]
And the quality before you ate it, and after you returned it is no different.

Isn't fast food wonderous?

Status
Not open for further replies.