Skype Multitasks on iPhone; Voice Plans Useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

good morning apple :) what's new on this procedure, my good old n95 was able to do this lightyears back :)

vizzie

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Don't know how it is in the US, but here in Europe using data on your phone outside of the country you live in is WAAAAY expensive! You'd be better off just making a voice call when you're in another country.

Could be interesting for calls within your country of origin and for receiving calls from abroad though....

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
to Welshmousepk - buy any other Android phone or good old N95...
Plus, there is a chance these will not loose the 3G connection (needed for your Skype to work at all) when you hold it in your hand...

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
i already have a massive collection of games bought from the App store though (for my iPod touch).

carrying around another device would be pointless, and i dont want to give up those games. (as much as i support android and the open market, the android store is no where near the app store in terms of quantity or quality of games)

the ipod touch and separate phone made sense until now. but if i can get an iphone and make free calls over 3g? sounds good to me.

andybird123

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]i already have a massive collection of games bought from the App store though (for my iPod touch). carrying around another device would be pointless, and i dont want to give up those games.[/citation]

"I've dug myself in to this massive whole, so rather than buy a device that actually works I'll keep on digging with my ispade"

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Yes, you could scrap your voice plan, but you would need an unlimited data plan to cope with regular skype use. Unless you just planned to use it in wifi zones.

oblivionlord

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
The problem is that the majority of people with cellphones don't use skype therefore if you want to talk to them even with this app, then you have to have Skype credits which still costs money. Therefore it's only free if its a Skype to Skype call.

Big Deal

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]jimslaid2[/nom]Why does everyone hate Apple again?[/citation]

Because they are restrictive piles that charge for every little dime they can. Because their hardware sucks and has problems, and instead of just admitting it and fixing the problem. They say everyone that has the problem is a moron and holds their phone wrong. Because they have became big enough that they think they can dictate what the consumer can and cant have. Because they lie about their products. And the number one reason I hate them. Because they wanted to charge me 20bucks to turn on bluetooth via software. F-u it had the hardware in it when I bought it. Why didnt the hardware JUST WORK.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]oblivionlord[/nom]The problem is that the majority of people with cellphones don't use skype therefore if you want to talk to them even with this app, then you have to have Skype credits which still costs money. Therefore it's only free if its a Skype to Skype call. Big Deal[/citation]

Yep but iphone users will spend $100 on skype credits (when their voice plan was $40) just because its so cool and its on the iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.