Skype, Rdio Founder Taking on Netflix with VDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Good. I'd like some competition for Netflix and Hulu Plus, so that they don't think it's alright to just slap in extra adds (screw you Hulu), or drop content (screw you Netflix), and charge me the same price, or higher.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Good. I'd like some competition for Netflix and Hulu Plus, so that they don't think it's alright to just slap in extra adds (screw you Hulu), or drop content (screw you Netflix), and charge me the same price, or higher.[/citation]

you don't get it... thats fine. seeing how competition here could easily kill each other... let me explain.

netfix gets lets say 30000 on demand
competition gets 30000 on demand,
competition gets 5000 more, same price
netflix gets 10000 more, charges an extra 2$ to cover,
people either go from netflix to competition or stay with netflix and others migrate to it because more content.

route one
competition gets more subscribers, and pushes more content, depending on their bank, stay at same price,
netflix, drops price gets more content, but people continue to leave,
netflix dies, competition increases price because there is no more competition in the way of netflix

route 2
somewhat the same but the other way around.

you want their to be fairer prices. look at movie studios that are screwing netflix and the like because they see a viable way to squeeze money now. they arent going to go softer on one because there are more, they are going to screw both just as hard till they die.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Sorry, I won't pay for more than one streaming service at a time. If every company decides they can get a slice of the streaming pie and carves up the digital libraries into dozens of unique content providers, I suspect there will be a lot of people turning back to piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.