Skype Static Prolems

thepinkanator95

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
So my girlfriend lives fairly far away from me at the moment so we use Skype a lot to talk. When we talk though there seems to be a continuous "wind storm" sound that gets louder and louder as we talk but then dies when I mute myself (or she mutes herself). What is this and how do I fix this?

Solution

You're probably hearing background noise. If you're using laptops, this can include the fans inside the chassis. Skype will automatically adjust microphone volumes to keep voices audible, so this may involve amplifying the background noise when you talk.

Pinhedd

Distinguished

You're probably hearing background noise. If you're using laptops, this can include the fans inside the chassis. Skype will automatically adjust microphone volumes to keep voices audible, so this may involve amplifying the background noise when you talk.

Solution

thepinkanator95

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

Can I fix it somehow?

Pinhedd

Distinguished

The audio processor on your laptops may have noise cancellation built in. It's a crap shoot though, many don't.

thepinkanator95

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

Okay thanks man. One more question that is off subject. How did you get your build to show in the bottom right corner there?

Pinhedd

Distinguished

Forum settings -> signature

TRENDING THREADS