Skype Won't Open

RDGnome

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Hi,
I just reinstalled windows from 7 to 8.1 and I was installing all my programs again and everything was fine, skype is working at this point. I accidentally restored a load of stuff in my program files on my hard drive (just installed an ssd so different locations) so I then deleted the files. After that Skype wouldn't open giving the error: "The files that Skype needs to run can't be found. Please download and reinstall skype to fix this problem". I then proceeded to uninstall it completely but even after I did that, whenever I try and run it after installing it again the same error occurs.
Any ideas?
Thanks

I'm using the ssd (128gb) as the OS drive and a 2tb hdd as the data drive by the way.

Hazinator

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
Alright, try it once more time but go to uninstall a programme on control panel and delete anything skype related. Also type in skype into a search bar as you may have spare or old files. Delete anything skype related when you search. Install it again and type what happens after that. If you need me, just ask :)

RDGnome

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

I tried this but for some reason Windows won't let me delete certain files. It says permission denied.