Skype Working on Fix for Bug that Sends Messages to Wrong Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]How does one screw up this bad?[/citation]

Remember it was aquired by microsoft! Screwing up badly is their signature....

G

Is the "wrong contact" the NSA? Rumblings on reddit are that Skype was bought by Microsoft simply because the NSA offered billions to whomever could centralize Skype and make it easier to eavesdrop on.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
IM sessions used to be reliable until they added 15 advertisements to the screen. Who would have imagined all those ads causing problems...

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]IM sessions used to be reliable until they added 15 advertisements to the screen. Who would have imagined all those ads causing problems...[/citation]I don't recall ever having Skype crash on me. Also, you know they have costs, right? Like servers... employees... etc. They still need revenue from somewhere.

Anyway, it is a funny bug, even if it is rare and only affects users who have crashed.

PuckerFactor

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Skype really needs an overhaul....all this time and there is still no way of resizing the text? I have a 1080p res monitor and I have to read micro text in a sea of whiteness? It definitely needs more UI options and updated smileys and emotions. The Android version is very unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.