Sleep/Shutdown Restart HP Spectre x360 Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2018
I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1XX, running windows 10. Recently, within this week, when it enters sleep mode it will eventually restart and then when i go to open the lid and wake it up it has restarted so all the tabs open are closed. Then when I try to shut it down, it just restarts, there is no error message and the computer functions perfectly fine but i cant shut it down and the constant restarting drains the battery.

Before I'm asked, yes i have called HP Spectre support and they have been nothing but unless. Nothing has changed on the laptop other then a BIOS update but was doing his before the update and i have restored back to the restore point before the BIOS update. The only other thing i can see this being is an issue with a windows update and because you dont have much say in when those are started, I feel like this may have something to do with it.

whitey86

Estimable
Jun 22, 2014
Have you confirm all avaliable windows updates are installed? Iv seen this where an update stops it restarting but then a later update fixs the problem.

With the updates.. if it says its all up to date, id restart the pc several times as it may find more updates after doing this.

Mar 8, 2018

ya the problem is It continues to restart and there are no updates showing as available. Its frustrating because other then this the pc operates amazing. But this is killing the battery

May 18, 2018

Same laptop, same problem, does not turn off, just restart every time, all problems came when update the bios via HP Support Assistant software, then the nightmare start....hp callcenter and chat make me do things and nothing better happened...iam very frustrated

May 18, 2018

Not yet my friend, and the worst is that the warranty is going tonexpore soon :(

Dec 8, 2018
I had this happen to my 15" HP Spectre purchased Nov 2017. Did all kinds of things with tech support over the phone including reinstalling the operating system. I sent it back to HP service center 5/25/18. Believe it or not they replaced the battery and sent it back and that solved the issue. I would have never guessed the battery could cause it not to shut down. The battery seemed to be working fine. It has worked fine for 6 months and now it is doing it again. I will be calling them to get it repaired again.

Status
Not open for further replies.