Solved! Smart TV to Stereo Receiver audio fails

Jan 7, 2019
I have Samsung Smart TV with optical audio output to which i attached an optical to RCA converter. Then plugged that into red and white audio in ports on older Sony STR-DH130 reveiver. All dish programs play audio fine through receiver's speakers . But Netflix, Hulu streaming will no play audio. Ive tried every TV sound option. Is there chance tge Sony cannot play streaming audio.

karenjoly

Great
Apr 13, 2018
Dish programming tv does not include smart programes. They arrive by wifi through your wifi system.Audio out obviously provides only tv sound.

Solution
Jan 7, 2019

Yes I agree Dish does not provide streaming orograns like Netflix etc, those arrive through wifi and audio out only supplies audio from the TV. TV does send Dish audio no problem, the issue is the TV will not send out Netflix or any streaming audio via the oprical out port.

Jan 7, 2019
To clarify, theTV speakers play Netflix and all other streaming audo just fine and TV video is fine. So, I borrowed and installednew model receiver capable of surround sound via optical audio input and hooke up my speakers. Everything worked just fine. So my old receiver just isnt compatible in this case. Thanks every one