Smells: The Next Level in Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
This seems as necessary as a weekly colon check. Do they have a smell for that btw?

Imagine if a Xbox had this? I wonder what kind of an error they could make with this one.....

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
i dont think if i was playin left 4 dead i would want to smell zombies O_O

but playing a racing game and seeming the ruber from the tires may be nice :D

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]i dont think if i was playin left 4 dead i would want to smell zombies O_O but playing a racing game and seeming the ruber from the tires may be nice[/citation]

i meant smelling LOL

G

This is just something I am not interested in. I feel that it would be a pain to replenish all the scent bottles. Also, what about compatibility. I wouldn't want to buy it just for a few games. Neither would I want it if it just had a limited amount of smells.

average joe

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
Stupid.
As long as it can be turned off.
Kids have trouble getting there folks to buy an xbox now.
Imagine if it sticks up the whole house.

crisisavatar

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]i have no sense of smell, so this is stupid.[/citation]
haha sucks to be you, we will all be smelling our way into something unnecessary while you are not !

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
Just one more thing to bring down the framerates in Crysis.

Then nVidia and AMD will be competing on who has the more authentic smells in their games. Very trivial.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I absolutely HATE artificial smells like this. Whenever I go to an amusment park with a ride that has smells, I end up getting sick later on because the junk always manages to stick to clothes (or skin, if you're sweating). I'm sorry, but smelling fake stink bug/BO/whatever for 8 hours isn't cool, and I can't imagine furniture smelling like it forever would be very cool either.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]i dont think if i was playin left 4 dead i would want to smell zombies O_Obut playing a racing game and seeming the ruber from the tires may be nice[/citation]

lol boomer throw up WILL MAKE YOU BARF lmfao no1 would play l4d anymore

G

why middle eastern locals? can't say sub Saharan desert or something like.. i know i know.. it misses the point.. but being politically correct should also be included in writing don't you think?
anyways... i still remember seeing the FMV in Return to Zork back in 94.. and was amazed to semi interact with those videos.. its about time they focus on that before they focus on smells.. 3D is nice.. but still its been over 15 years and still can't make real live action in a game?

cablechewer

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Maybe I am dating myself, but I remember when my sister was a kid and she was into collecting all these scratch and sniff stickers. When I read verenos' comment my first thought was of those stickers. I really don't want scratch'n'sniff orcs :D I will be happy to stick with graphics and sound until we figure out holodecks or direct neural interfaces :)

Status
Not open for further replies.