So after replacing my toshiba screen that was broken. Will I lose all my information on it like the photos, videos, and other

Jul 8, 2018
My laptop screen is broken and I'm scared to fix it because I don't know if after replacing the screen if I will lose all my information that was on it. So that's the thing that I'm worried about right now so I'm trying to figure out what's going to happen and I need to know the answer please.

Solution
All your info and data is stored on the hard drive of the laptop. The screen is just the display. It has nothing to do with the storage. Since you're concerned about losing data, I'd highly recommend that you make periodic backups of your important data. You can do backups to an external hard drive or there are also cloud services available. Do a search in the forms here. There are lots of suggestions for how to do backups.

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
All your info and data is stored on the hard drive of the laptop. The screen is just the display. It has nothing to do with the storage. Since you're concerned about losing data, I'd highly recommend that you make periodic backups of your important data. You can do backups to an external hard drive or there are also cloud services available. Do a search in the forms here. There are lots of suggestions for how to do backups.

Solution