Software Suggestions-counting texts in PDF File

npudhota3

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
Hi guys,
So recently i converted all my text messages on my iPhone to a PDF file. The document is over 5000 pages long. I've been looking for ways to see how many individual texts there are in the document. I'll upload a screenshot so you guys can have a rough idea what it looks like.
image.png

Is there any software that is capable of differentiating and calculating the amount of text boxes? Is there some sort of software that can detect the two different colour boxes? Would it be difficult to create such software?
Any help will be great guys, thanks in advance :)

Solution
You need to identify what is known as a delimiter: i.e., some character(s) code, leter/number pattern that separates each text message. Maybe some unique pattern in the timestamps or header. Could at the beginning or end of each text message.

Once you identify that pattern you can use an application such as Anycount to count the occurrences in the .pdf document.

Here is a link:

http://www.anycount.com/pdf-format

There are other such products available so you may need to experiment to see which one works bests for you.

Google "can I count word occurrences in pdf files" for more information.

Identifying the text message delimiter is the key.

You need to identify what is known as a delimiter: i.e., some character(s) code, leter/number pattern that separates each text message. Maybe some unique pattern in the timestamps or header. Could at the beginning or end of each text message.

Once you identify that pattern you can use an application such as Anycount to count the occurrences in the .pdf document.

Here is a link:

http://www.anycount.com/pdf-format

There are other such products available so you may need to experiment to see which one works bests for you.

Google "can I count word occurrences in pdf files" for more information.

Identifying the text message delimiter is the key.

Solution