Software to Automatically Edit Text in Images

Anastasia_Line

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Is there a software program out there that can take a list of names (for instance, in an Excel spreadsheet) and automatically insert those names into a graphic image (jpg, gif, tiff)? To clarify, I would have a meme and at the bottom I would have something like "<<First Name >> <<Last Name>> Provided Education" then using the Excel spreadsheet the software would replace the First and Last Name with each person in the spreadsheet and save the images for each person. I appreciate any software wisdom out there.

Solution
I doubt you'll find a ready solution for that. You would probably have to hire someone to write it for you (or do it by yourselves)
- I am sure you can find a command-line utility to put watermark into an image file
- Once you do that, generating a batch file with parameters could be done from inside Excel, or using automation tools like PowerShell.

bjornl

Estimable
What you are looking for can be done by any photo editing software. Photoshop is probably the best, but is now rental only (no purchase, just a monthly fee). GIMP is very good and free, but some find it a little complex. My 14 year old son loves it, so not the toughest thing to learn. Corel Draw is decent, better UI than GIMP and modestly priced. Many more options. It could probably also be done by a water marking software which would have the benefit of being to apply the same settings to an entire folder.

Anastasia_Line

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I'm not sure that I was clear that I want to be able to generate an image with each new name at the bottom of each. I understand that InDesign can do it with a patch but I'm not sure if there are other programs. I own Photoshop and Digitally Imaging but neither of them have the capability.

I doubt you'll find a ready solution for that. You would probably have to hire someone to write it for you (or do it by yourselves)
- I am sure you can find a command-line utility to put watermark into an image file
- Once you do that, generating a batch file with parameters could be done from inside Excel, or using automation tools like PowerShell.

Solution